To our valued clients and friends,
At OceanView Properties, we are committed to maintaining the safest practices possible while continuing to serve our Buyers and Sellers with the very best in Real Estate services. As an essential business, we understand that these can be trying times fraught with uncertainty. We want you to be certain that we remain up and running to help you buy or sell your properties, to provide the same great services, and to offer the benefit of our decades of experience.
Our offices remain open, but we are limiting our numbers of staff at any given time to maintain safe distancing practices. We welcome your visits at any time to discuss your properties or your needs, but suggest you call ahead.
Our showing, inspection, and appraisal practices have changed to keep up with safe practices and CDC mandates. Here are the rules as handed down by the State of Maine:
For all residential real estate activities, the following requirements are imposed:
- Agents and buyers must narrow down houses to “a few” to view.
- An agent must “live stream” the viewing to the potential buyer from the property—the potential buyer may not be present. The agent must wear a cloth face covering and foot coverings when entering a property.
- A potential buyer may select one house to conduct a walk through, with the approval of the seller. Both the potential buyer and the agent must wear cloth face coverings, foot coverings, and gloves during the walk-through.
- The purchase and sale agreement must be executed electronically.
- Inspections must be completed by the building inspector only. Building inspectors must wear a cloth face covering, foot coverings, and gloves when entering properties.
- Appraisers must use all efforts to avoid entering a property. If it is necessary to enter, the appraiser must wear a cloth face covering, foot coverings, and gloves.
- Closing must take place using as many social distancing practices as possible.
We know that a lot of this sounds terribly onerous, but please rest assured that we have been following these guidelines since early April, and Real Estate life goes on. We have continued throughout this crisis to list new properties and to show, inspect, appraise, and close on properties.
We remain committed to providing excellence in service to you, while keeping everyone safe. Please don’t hesitate to ask any of us for clarification on our practices in this new environment.
With Best Regards, from
All of us at OceanView Properties